This is probably the most frequently asked question that have no definite answer, the question of identity should not be overlooked as a believer. It is the core of your relationship with your saviour.
Often times, people tend to drop comments like; do you know who you’re talking to? Do you know who I am?
Which brings me to the question: Who are you?
All over the world people are known for their achievements and contributions to the society, others are known for their inventions, quite a number are known for their sacrifices, while some are known for their wealth and fame.
That’s all good. But who are you if all these titles and awards and achievements are taken away from you? If all crash and burn, Who are you?
I’ll give you a moment to make an inward check and see if you have an answer.
The good news is that there is an identity that can never be taken away from you.
The identity of Christ Jesus.
As a born again Christian, it is of crucial importance that you know who you are now in Christ.
Lack of knowledge will give the devil an edge, and what better way to know who you are in Christ than to search scriptures
Here’s what scripture says about you
• You are a new creature; 2 Corinthians 5:17 ;Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
Are you worried you’ve made a lot of mistakes in your life, are you laden with guilt? The good news is this: You are a new creature. A clean slate, no past haunting you.
P.s: whenever I feel guilty about a mistake I made in the past, I remind myself this scripture. The devil will try to rub you off of your identity in Christ with a lot of vices. Guard your heart.
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
• Ye are the light of the world. Matthew 5:14 ;Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
• You are an ambassador of Christ 2Corinthians 5:20; We’re Christ’s representatives. God uses us to persuade men and women to drop their differences and enter into God’s work of making things right between them. We’re speaking for Christ himself now: Become friends with God; he’s already a friend with you.
• You are a child of God Romans 8:16; The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God.
• You are named by God Romans 8:30 After God made that decision of what his children should be like, he followed it up by calling people by name. After he called them by name, he set them on a solid basis with himself. And then, after getting them established, he stayed with them to the end, gloriously completing what he had begun.
• You are royalty 1 Peter 2:9; But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
• You are loved of God John 3:16; For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
• You are the temple of God, the place where he resides 1Corinthians 6:19; What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
… and a whole lot more.
I feel so special reading about how God sees me each time I read the scripture. I constantly remind myself that I am loved of God.
I know for a certainty that his words never fail.
Luke 21:33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
Mark 13:31-32 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
You are a child of God, created in his own image, loved by God, made right with God…
If you see a person having self doubt about his/her person, kindly remind them of who they are in the light of God’s word.
For Romans 8:1 says, There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
As God’s representatives here on earth, we’ve been given a mandate.
Mark 16:15 And he said unto them(ME), Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Win a soul today. God bless you.
Don’t forget to like,share, follow, comment